Aesthetic Training: The difference between group and in-office trainingsJuly 26, 2016
At MedAesthetics Training, we offer aesthetic training courses in a variety of ways. This includes scheduled group courses and private in-office trainings . We know each attendee has his/her own individual learning objectives, and it is our goal to meet these needs. When taking an aesthetic training course – how do you know which type of training works best for you?
There are similarities and differences to group and in-office trainings. With a small course size for our group courses (no more than a maximum of 8 attendees), each attendee receives individualized attention from our instructors. This is also the case for in-office trainings. Depending of the number of attendees, the training schedule is customized to meet your specific business goals. In addition, experienced aesthetic educators instruct at both group and in-office trainings. Each of our instructors love teaching, perform aesthetic procedures regularly and have the experience of implementing these procedures into a practice, or opening a new MedSpa. In both group and in-office trainings we train medical professionals including Physicians (MD&DO), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN), Physician Assistants (PA) and Dentists (DMD, DDS).
However, there are also differences between group and in-house training:
- Scheduled group courses are held at a pre-determined date and location and listed on our website for open registration. Attendee(s) provide the location for in-house trainings, and a date is selected that suits the attendee(s) schedule.
- Group aesthetic training courses fall into one of the following categories:
- Botox® Training & Dermal Filler Training (including Xeomin® and Dysport)
- Advanced Injectable Training including advanced procedures for Botox® and Dermal Fillers as well as Kybella® training
- Sclerotherapy Training
- Facial Analysis with Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels
- In-office trainings are customizable based on the attendees needs. We can combine any of the following training courses into a private training package. Choose from: Botox® (basic & advanced), Xeomin (basic & advanced), Dysport®, dermal fillers (basic & advanced), Sclerotherapy, Facial Analysis with Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels
- Medical professionals who decide on in-office trainings typically fall into one of the following categories:
- A Medical or Dental office with several staff members to be trained
- A Medical or Dental office who would like to receive a combination of aesthetic training, such as the Basic and Advanced Botox Training, or the Botox and Dermal Filler Training combined with the Sclerotherapy course
- A group of colleagues or friends in the medical field who would like to take an aesthetic course
- A medical professional who has a busy schedule, and it is easier to have an educated instructor travel to him/her
- A medical professional who lives in a remote area, where it makes financial since to schedule an in-office training
- During in-office trainings, non-medical staff can attend the training to learn the correct storage techniques, as well as the supplies needed for the procedures. In addition, LPNs and aestheticians can be training during an in-office training where a doctor is also being trained.
- During group trainings, MedAesthetics Training provides the models for the hands-on training portion of the course. For in-office trainings, models are provided by the attendee(s).
- MedAesthetics Training provides the product (Botox, dermal fillers, Kybella, etc.) during a group course, at no additional fee to the attendee. For in-office trainings, attendee(s) provide the product, or it can be provided by MedAesthetics Training as part of the in-office training package.
Individualized Training Experience
For both group and in-office trainings, there are other options to further customize your training experience. We can discuss helping with pharmaceutical account set-up, personalizing history and consent forms with the business name & logo or adding on an injectable supply kit that contains all the supplies needed to successfully perform injectable procedures.
Are you still trying to decide which type of training is best for you? Complete our in-office training quote form, and we will get back with a personalized quote just for you.